LifeCourse Postdoctoral Fellow Positions
Applications now closed
About the LifeCourse Postdoctoral Fellows:
Interested in a postdoctoral position leading to a career in lifecourse research and helping the Melbourne Children’s Campus grow diversity in skills? If you have ideas for a project that might be eligible (see below), please draw this opportunity to a potential supervisors’ attention.
Interested in helping the Melbourne Children’s Campus grow diversity in skills ahead of the GenV Initiative? If so, please fill in a short expression of interest survey.
Postdoctoral Fellows will have access to:
- LifeCourse training and teaching opportunities, as well as other events
- A 0.4 FTE (Full Time Equivalent) position
- Funds for travel and/or training
Applicants must meet the selection criteria in both of two domains: (1) their research proposal and (2) their personal attributes and achievements.
- Selection criteria for the Research Proposal
Applicants must provide a 2-page Research Proposal, developed with their proposed supervisors, that meets the following criteria:
- Use longitudinal cohort data
- Have potential for campus capacity building/methods development, especially in relation to GenV
- At least two supervisors from diverse disciplines (at least one active supervisor must be based on campus)
Plus at least one of the following:
- Work across two or more longitudinal cohorts (note: this does not imply harmonisation or merging if not relevant) – at least one cohort must be part of the LifeCourse Initiative
- Combine diverse, emerging or novel disciplines and/or methodologies.
For more details or if you require further clarification, please contact LifeCourse (Anna Duncan).
- Selection criteria for Personal Attributes/Achievements
- Relevant PhD or equivalent
- Outstanding research and personal abilities suited to a career in lifecourse research, as evidence by the quality of qualifications, prior research, achievements and contributions
- An appropriate level of expertise gained from a combination of experience, training or professional accreditation
- Working with Children & National Police Clearance (if appointed)